THE SUN NEVER SETS:
Some articles have links to articles online. Scroll over text to find links.
- COLUMBIA JOURNALISM REVIEW (CJR), August 13, 2012, by Joel Campbell. "One Tough Weekly"
Click here for link.
- WEEKLY ALIBI, Feb. 6, 2013. Reel World by Devin D. O'Leary. "A vital piece of documentary filmmaking." Read full article.
- LOCAL IQ, Jan. 31- Feb. 13, 2013.
Film Shorts by Jeff Berg. "...Interesting and smart."
- NEWSPAPERDEATHWATCH.COM, December 21, 1012.
"Another Documentary Celebrates Newspapers" by Paul Gillin
Click here for link.
BLUE ALCHEMY: STORIES OF INDIGO:
- COASTAL ISLES MAGAZINE, July, 2013, "Indigo: The Legendary Blue Gold" by Nancy McGregor. Click here for link.
- NEWSBLOG, Surface Design Assiciation, May, 2013, "Into the Blue Yonder: The Making of BLUE ALCHEMY: Stories of Indigo" by Mary Lance. Click here for link.
- WOMENSFILMFESTIVAL.COM, October, 2012. St. John's Women's Film Festival.
"We fell in love with the sensuous feature doc about indigo, the time-honoured blue dye that connects people and cultures accross the globe. This gorgeously shot doc draws you deep into the impressive history of indigo while reinforcing its undisputed symbolic and spiritual function in almost all of our lives, whether we realize it or not..." Click Here for Link
- TIMES UNION, Albany, NY, "A Film to Dye For," blog post by Ellen R. Margulies. Click here for link
- SANTA FE REPORTER, This Week's Picks, April 25, 2012. By Matthew Irwin. "Blue Alchemy connects the history and production of indigo with the color’s social-spiritual implications, beginning with the awareness that we live on a blue planet." Click here for link.
- SPINNINGDAILY.COM blog post by Kate Larson, April 13, 2012: "Las Aranas Spinners and Weavers Guild Invites Blue Alchemy: Stories of Indigo Filmmaker." Click here for link.
- TEXTILE FORUM Magazine (Germany), March, 2012. Review, Pg. 17.
- LOOMSTATE, "The Many Political Hues of Indigo," blog post by Paul Trynka, March 16, 2012. Click here for link.
- MONTREAL GAZETTE blog, March 15, 2012. Posted by Liz Ferguson. "I can’t write full review right this minute, but I want to get the word out that Blue Alchemy: Stories of Indigo, is very much worth watching, for anyone with an interest in documentaries, history, textiles, crafts, chemistry, traditions, you name it. It will only be shown once (what a shame!) on Sunday, March 18, at the Cinémathèque Québécoise (Salle Fernand Seguin), at 6 p.m." Click here for link to blog post.
- WILD FIBERS Magazine, Winter, 2011-2012. Review, "True Blue," pg. 16. "Takes the viewer on an astonishing adventure around the world exploring indigo farming and many of the traditional rituals surrounding it."
- THE JOURNAL FOR WEAVERS, SPINNERS, AND DYERS (U.K.), Winter, 2011. Review, pg. 44.
- WEEKLY ALIBI: "A Shopper's Guide to Locally Sourced DVDs"
- HAND / EYE MAGAZINE: Blue Indigo
- SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN, "Blues Revival: Film Features Global Indigo Rebirth," by Zelie Pollon, July 6, 2011, p. 32-33
- WEEKLY ALIBI: REEL WORLD: "Blue Movie" by Devin D. O'Leary
- SANTE FE INTERNATIONAL FOLK ART MARKET:US Premiere of BLUE ALCHEMY: STORIES OF INDIGO
- SELVEDGE MAGAZINE (UK) July/August, 2011, p. 60-65
- MAIWA HANDPRINTS BLOG, July 11, 2011
AGNES MARTIN: WITH MY BACK TO THE WORLD:
- THE BROOKLYN RAIL, "With Her Back to the World and Her Face to the Camera" by Nancy Princenthal, November 5, 2013. Click here for link.
- NEW YORK TIMES Review, January 10, 2007
- VILLAGE VOICE Review, January, 2, 2007
- SLANT MAGAZINE Review, January 4, 2007
- NEW YORK POST Review, January 10, 2007
- Podcast, THE LEONARD LOPATE SHOW, WNYC Radio, January 12, 2007
- Podcast, FILM FORUM, New York, January 12, 2007
- ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL, December 9, 2005
DIEGO RIVERA: I PAINT WHAT I SEE:
- VILLAGE VOICE, "Rock and Roll" by Manohla Dargis, August 14, 1990, p. 70; and "Choices," April 17, 1990
- SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE, "Painting on the World's Walls," June 22, 1990, p. E-5
- SF WEEKLY, "Visions of Excess," June 20, 1990, p. 19
- THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY GUARDIAN, "Critic's Choice," June 20, 1990, p. 56
- THE SEATTLE TIMES, "Film's an Artful Portrait of Painter Diego Rivera," September 27, 1990, p. F-12
- THE SAN DIEGO UNION, "'Rivera' A Finely Drawn Portrait of an Artist," September 6, 1990, p. D-6
- THE BOSTON PHOENIX, "Mexican Revlutions," February 15, 1991, p. 14
- THE NEW YORK TIMES, April 6, 1990, p. C-1 and November 18, 1990
- NEW YORK POST, March 11, 1991, p. 45
- EL DIARIO, New York, "Frida Kahlo por Partida Doble," January 11, 1991
- THE PLAIN DEALER, Cleveland, May 2, 1991
- THE BOSTON GLOBE, February 13, 1991, p. 61
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, July 26, 1990, p.5
- THE INDEPENDENT, Santa Barbara, July 11, 1991
- THE GLOBE AND MAIL, March 10, 1990, p. C-5
- CITY PAPER, Washington, DC, August 24, 1990
- IN THESE TIMES, September 26-Oct. 2, 1990, p.20
- THE IRISH TIMES, October 12, 1990
- INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY, Fall, 1990
- THE INDEPENDENT FILM & VIDEO MONTHLY, July, 1990
- THE OREGONIAN, April 17, 1991
- LATIN AMERICAN ART Magazine, Spring, 1990, p. 19
- BOOKLIST, August, 1990
- SPRINGS MAGAZINE, Colorado Springs, "Taking Art to the Wall," March, 1991
- GAZETTE TELEGRAPH, Colorado Springs, March 15, 1991
ARTISTS AT WORK:
- NEW YORK TIMES, January 29, 1982
- BOOKLIST, November 15, 1982